Monday, March 19, 2007

Bottomless Pit

Ever since Eli started eating non-pureed foods he's taken issue with fruit. He loved it when I mashed it up, but if I gave him an apple slice or a piece of a peach he would turn up his nose. For months. And months. I always keep dried fruit on hand since he appears to prefer it and if it gives him a few fruit servings, that's what we'll do. But it appears I might be able to rely less on the dried variety because for the last few weeks Eli has shown much more of an interest in 'real' fruits. When I give him apple slices (as I've done at lunch time 2-3 times a week since he turned one) now, he'll chew on a few and even (gasp!) swallow when he is finished!! And last night we gave him a nectarine, which has been the favorite for some time, and he ate the whole thing even after he'd finished his dinner. He's eaten 1/2 here and there, but last night he consumed the entire fruit and then licked the pit until all flavor was gone.

No comments: