Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Say What?

1 Corinthians 1:4   I thank my God always on your behalf,  for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ.

Ruby had a very quiet night with no change in temperature. She remains on antibiotics every 8 hours, but just the Zocyn. As of this mornings rounds, she was 24+ hours since her last dose of Tylenol, and her blood counts continue to improve. Her ANC was at 20 yesterday, but today was 130. We need that number to get above 500 for her to get off of antibiotics, and between 500-1000 to go home. The nurse practitioner this morning was very optimistic that Ruby will be ready to go home by the weekend.
Let me pause for great celebration (because when she said that, it was all I could do to not jump up and down).

The at-home-care person assigned to us two weeks ago when we arrived came to visit me and let me know she already had the ball rolling for home visits starting next week (blood draws, dressing changes, etc.). I'm crazy excited, but I also know things change quickly, so I know nothing is for sure until it actually happens.

(But I'm still doing the happy dance.)

No comments: