Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wordsworth

To be filed under Eli's ever-growing vernacular:

"Somebody's comin!" This is what Eli tells me now when he spots another person walking towards us on our sidewalk path to the gym. Or when we're running at the river (this kid often runs a full 1/4 mile!) and he sees someone in our way.

"No talk about it!" This could also be filed under Eli the moody-man. When he gets in his grouchy place, Eli often says, "NOOOO!" as he shakes his head and furrows his brow. This is in response to me singing or asking him questions or whatever. ("No sing!" "No play at school!") The other day when I asked him about something that we had planned for later in the day, he got in this mood and told me, "No talk about it!"

"Take picture for mommy." Eli loves to take pictures. He uses his Spiderman camera or one of our old cameras, and he is really starting to understand how to hold the camera up to his eye and 'shoot'. A few weeks back I noticed him getting down on the ground to get an up-close picture of one of his toys. Monkey see Monkey do! Last week he started telling me "Take picture for..." and then he'd name whatever or whomever he was taking a picture of.

"Uh? Uh? Mommy?" This is what Eli says now when he doesn't hear me. Rather than saying, "Huh?", he's taken to 'uuuuh?' And then when I don't respond, he says, "Mommy?", as in "pardon?"

1 comment:

SmallvilleMom said...

Too funny...Maya's version of "No talk about it" is "Can you don't say that?"