Saturday, May 17, 2008

We All Scream For Ice Cream!

In celebration of Lehr's birthday yesterday, the four of us walked to a local ice cream shop after dinner. Eli has had maybe two or three small tastes of ice cream in his life (remember: we are the sugar police!), so this was his first real ice cream experience! We'd had a difficult night with time outs and dinner etiquette issues, so we almost scrapped the whole mission. For this reason, I didn't even bring the camera; when we left the house we were leaning towards Eli not getting any. In the end we decided to show Eli some grace and let him have a small cone (the free baby cone they give to kids 3 and under). I gave him the choice of strawberry, peach or mango sorbet and Eli chose strawberry. He got really excited when I handed him the cone and he went to town. (He even gave Maddie a small taste, though she didn't seem to like it.) Eli wasn't quite sure what to do when he got down to the cone, but he soon figured it out and polished the treat off in no time. Of course he's been asking when we can do the 'Famee Wok and Eyssss Keeem' again. Good thing summer time is here - hopefully that can be a regular family outing!

3 comments:

bev said...

Happy Birthday Lehr! I love reading about your family time together. It really warms my heart and makes me long for the time that I'll be able to experience some of these things.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Lehr! hope your weekend was great!

Cara said...

Ok Sorbet is NOT ice cream Eliason's. I am sneaking Eli out and getting him the real deal :)