Friday, May 16, 2008

D is for Drums

What an exciting 24 hours!! Lehr and Eli went out last night and purchased an electronic drum set. Lehr said Eli was loving the music store; lots and lots of guitars and drum sets and other instruments to look at. They got home rather late, so Eli was fast asleep by the time Lehr set it up, but first thing this morning, Eli asked me where his blue sticks were. (The sales guy gave him a set of 'kids' blue drum sticks last night.) We went over a few rules and then I let Eli sit and play drums while Maddux and I cleaned up from breakfast. He had a blast and I was oh-so proud when he listened to my instructions about what to do when the timer went off. (Put the sticks down cuz drummin' time is over!) An added benefit of the set might be the leverage tool it gives us with Eli and his choices. I've already explained to Eli that the drum set is a 'big boy toy' and that in order to use it, he has to make 'big boy choices'. That includes obeying, but if he doesn't, it definitely means going to time out if/when he is told. I've already had to take the set 'away' once today....I know he felt it too!

For now, some video of his early morning jam session. It's kinda long, but I hated to edit it down!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh that is awesome! I would totally love to have that set up and I'm the Mom, lol.

Heather said...

Eli is awesome! Great video!