Thursday, May 08, 2008

Let Me Count The Ways

I know it will not always be this way, but right now I love how much Eli and Maddie love each other. Eli still gets upset if (when!) she drools on a toy or, worse yet, on him. And she voices her displeasure if (when!) he takes a toy from her and says, "No, Max!" But most of the time they are over-the-moon ecstatic to be in each other's company. Just last night I was at the top of the stairs with Maddux. Eli turned the corner and saw us as he started to come up the stairs. Maddux immediately started giggling and kicking her legs (I was holding her) when she saw him, and Eli responded by grinning and saying, "Hi, Max!" The two of them act like lovebirds who can't get enough time with each other. All day, every day, they like to be with each other and they laugh 99% of their shared time. Maddux absolutely adores her big brother; I'm pretty sure she thinks the world revolves around him. To be fair, hers kinda does right now. Lucky for us (and her), she doesn't seem to want it any other way. Life is good.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Pace and Ryan are the same way. I love it (when) they are not fighting!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome! With such a good start, I hope they will be the best of friends as they get older! A close brother-sister relationship is something very special.

Anonymous said...

Peyton and Carter are the same way. It is amazing how much love they have for one another. I just love the way Peyton's face lights up when Carter walks into the room. It is like nothing else matters at that moment. It is so sweet. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Amy