Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Baby

I can hardly call her that anymore though. My big girl is so close to walking, and she wears 12-24 month clothing and a size 3 diaper (almost too small for her) even though she's just ten months old. Yet she is still my baby!

Maddux has been sleeping in this pose for the last three days. Whenever I have to go wake her from a nap, I get the pleasure of watching her sleep so soundly this way for a few minutes before she stirs. I'm not sure what it is about this sleeping position, but it makes me melt.

Instead of books before bed last night, Maddie and I just rocked while I sang to her. She was very tired and never once tried to reach for the books. She has become a huge book fan recently and will wiggle out of my arms once she's done nursing to grab a book. Last night she just lay her head on my chest and sucked her thumb. Eli was never a big snuggler when he was sleepy, so I ate this moment up.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Pace still sleeps like this! so cute!

Don't you love the snuggles. Ryan was never a snuggler either but he has become one since Pace is one :) He will come to me and say "snuggle me too mommmy" so sweet.

Stephanie said...

Oh she just the most precious and beautiful baby girl ever. You are truly so blessed.