Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

My heart was warmed today by Eli's attitude and eagerness to help out and please Mommy. We had a great morning: a walk after breakfast followed by a full hour of catch out front while Maddie napped. We then came inside for a quick blanket time and lunch. After I cleaned up the kitchen, the three of us went upstairs to play a little before the kids' naps. I'd brought along a huge pile of clean laundry to fold at some point. The kids were in a good mood, so I started to fold and hang laundry right away. Eli offered to get hangers from his room,which he did a good job of. Then I hung all of his and Maddux's shirts on the hangers. They each have a low rod in their closet, so when Eli asked if he could hang the hangers in his room, I let him. He took three to start and minutes later he came back for more, hanging ALL of his shirts for me. Then he asked to do Maddie's. Since I was near the end of my stack by the time he helped in her room, I snuck in there to catch a glimpse of Eli in action. He was so cute, trying to hard to hang them just right, saying "Uh Oh!" to himself if/when the hanger didn't go on right away. It's moments like these that I need to capture on video because I'm sure in five years, we'll be arguing over him hanging his clothes!

1 comment:

bev said...

That's great. Andrew loves to be the 'big helper'. He usually tells me when to tell him that he's doing a good job too. He has no shame in patting himself on the back lol.