Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tie-Er

Eli is in that wonderful stage of speech where many words sound alike, but not many sound like the actual word they represent. For example, Eli's word for "playground" is "kiii". I *think* he means to say "kids", because he often sees kids playing at the playground, but no one knows for sure. Eli's newest words this week are:
- Ah-cah-do (avocado)
- Aaa-cot (apricot)
- Tie-Er (tired)
- Bedek bahl (basketball)
- Teeh (tennis)
- Hep! (help)

That's right. Eli now has three words that are identical: tie-er, tie-er, and tie-er. One represents his buddy, Tyler. One represents the tires on a car, and the last represents the word, 'tired'. I yawned last week in the car, as I often do these days, and then I looked at Eli and said, "Mommy is tired." Sure enough, a few days later I yawned again and Eli said, "tie-er" and grinned as he pointed to me. Connection made.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Smart little guy. Liam says help the same way. So darling!