Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hoop Dreams

So I posted a few weeks back about Eli's MMO progrm taking them to the gym to play with bouncy balls. Unfortunately that day, I picked him up before he got to enjoy the indoor fun. Today he had 20 minutes of joy before I got there. I stopped at the water fountain in a hall well before his classroom and heard commotion in the gym. As I peeked in I saw Eli's favorite teacher, so I knew his class was in there. I walked in and they told me he'd nap good today because they went out to the playground and then they came in the gym, so Eli had a lot of activity. When I entered, Eli was running with the other kids on the carpeted basketball court (full size), chasing balls, throwing balls, and laughing. He was having a blast! Add that to the newest word Eli picked up this week: "hup!" (hoop). His favorite thing to say is "dee-boool" (baseball) and "badak-bahl" (basketball), followed by "HUUUP!!" When Eli saw me he came over to say hi, but then ran back to the footballs, basketballs, and bouncy balls scattered around the gym. I almost thought he'd cry when we left!

No comments: