Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Dear

I forgot to mention the most memorable part of our night Friday. I recently started using the phrase "Oh dear" in the car when someone cuts me off or when a near collision happens on the road (and since we're in Atlanta, these things happen a lot). Eli has recently started repeating it after me, which I find quite amusing. Friday night Lehr was driving, but we came up to a few cars stopping suddenly and he had to apply the breaks enough to cause me to grab the door to brace myself. Nothing major, but enough that it caught Eli's attention. Even though neither Lehr or I uttered a word, from the backseat we heard, "Oh Dear!" We burst out laughing. Not only does he know how to say it, but he obviously knows when to say it.

On another note, "Oh Dear" sums up my day so far. Eli behaved average at the midwife's office today, but from the time we got back home until he went down for a nap, he was a mess. The teething pains are back, as evident by some bleeding of his gums. Lehr and I agree that this does not give him a free pass to act 'like a jerk', but it does make it harder to discipline him when he's in so much pain. He is now peacefully sleeping and I can only hope it will help his pain (and his 'tude).

2 comments:

Heather said...

How cute! They are sponges aren't they! it is so funny to hear some of the things that Ryan will say ... out of the mouths of babes!

We got Ryan a basketball goal about a month ago ... he loves it. Cool to see Eli having just as fun a time. Life with boys is NEVER dull!

Mir said...

What a cutie, Nicole! Ian has yet to get into his basketball goal, but he LOVES tools, like Eli. I can't believe you're less than two weeks away from the little one! Hopefully Eli's getting his "bad days" out of his system before your new arrival!