Friday, June 01, 2007

TGIF

As I type, Eli is at Mothers Morning Out. It's been over a week since he's attended due to his pink eye, but considering he's been cleared up for a few days now, I figured it would be safe to take him today. What a great surprise: when I dropped him off he didn't even attempt to cry or cling to me. His favorite caregiver wasn't there, but he still did really well. As I walked toward the door I heard a cry and looked back to reassure him, but it was another child; Eli was happily playing with a toy. I really think he missed going this week.

Yesterday we had another great day at the pool. Two of Eli's friends came over to join us and the three of them spent two hours splashing around in the water.

Even more exciting, it's been over a week since Eli has given me ANY issues with changing his diaper. It's like I have a new child! That's not to say he's given up on tantrums or resisting mom's authority; two days ago we had a 45-minute standoff because he would not come downstairs unless I carried him. Of course, he gets his stubborn streak from me so I wasn't about to back down. Besides the whole 'giving in' issue, I'm having a hard time making it up and down the stairs on my own these days...30 extra pounds on top of my 20 extra is not something I'd like to make a habit of. Especially considering that Eli has been maneuvering the stairs on his own for several months now.

Lehr surprised me by setting up the nursery the other night. Crib, glider chair and dresser are all accounted for. So this week Eli and I have spent some time in there, talking about the baby and setting up toys. Eli has done really well with it so far, but I'm glad we're introducing him to this new stuff before the baby gets here, so he can get used to it. He points to the crib and says 'nigh nigh' and asks to get in. Since we don't have a mattress in there yet, I couldn't let him in, even if I wanted to. But he's taken that 'no' very well. He's enjoyed playing with all the baby toys we've pulled out and he just had to try on some of the baby socks this week.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cool new blog! I've been thinking of giving ours a overhaul with the new templates as well. I was worried about losing all our links. You've encouraged me to work on it more!!!!

That's cool that Eli did so well with MMO. we have found one for him and Pace next year. We looked for a pre-school for Ryan but I missed the deadline. We had him in at the church we were going to but when all that went down that went out the window with that! Oh well, the MMO will be just as well I'm sure and will gave 1 day a week for Pace to go too! Hope you guys are well!