Saturday, June 09, 2007

Stealing Kisses

I love Eli's dry kisses. He is pretty good about doling them out, but you usually have to ask first. The other day before Eli's nap he gave an unprompted one to Mommy. I have a youtube clip of Elmo and Andrea Bocelli preparing for bed saved in my favorites and once or twice a week I'll let Eli watch it before nap time. At one point, Bocelli tells Elmo (in song) that it's time for a kiss and then off to sleep. I never really noticed this lyric before, but as Eli sat on my lap, watching the clip, he leaned into me and pursed his lips, saying 'mmm' which means he's about to plant one. I had been creating 'to do' lists in my head, so I wasn't really paying attention to the screen, but as soon as Eli did that I snapped back to reality and saw Elmo doing the same to Bocelli. Monkey see, monkey do!

2 comments:

Gina said...

So dang sweet! I love unprompted kisses!

jolibe said...

That is incredibly sweet! Your little guy is so handsome - I love his big blue eyes!