Monday, June 18, 2007

37week Midwife Appointment

Today was my first of the weekly appointments with my midwife. Eli and I flew solo for this one, but considering that we were there for a full 90-minutes, Eli did really well behavior-wise. I had my Group B Strep test, blood drawn, and the midwife checked me. I'm dilated 1cm already (which is less than I was dilated at this time with Eli), but we all know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The bad news is the midwife said the baby's head is still a little high and it feels like s/he may be turned posterior, just like Eli was. Great. More back labor. SOOOO excited about that!


On a related note. This week Eli realized the utility of my ever-growing stomach. While we were sitting in the rocking chair in his room reading a book, he searched for a place to put his 'Mater phone while we read. After looking around for a minute, he reached over and gently set the phone on top of my stomach and then sat back and waited for me to start reading. As if it was the most normal thing in the world to use Mommy's belly as a shelf....

No comments: