Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend Update

Another busy weekend for Eli. Friday night we went to our bi-weekly church group. Eli attempted to show off his army crawl to the other attendees, but it was far overshadowed by the two girls who are now walking. (Step it up, Little Man!!) Saturday Eli had a visit from his Florida grandparents; at least they were impressed with his military skills. Today we spent most of the day at the church since there was a picnic after the service. Eli couldn't even make it the ten minute car ride home after that. It was obviously a culmination of an action-packed few days. After he awoke from his nap, Lehr and I shuffled furniture around upstairs. (We have a carpet cleaner coming tomorrow.) This seemed to confuse Eli as now the open areas are much more open. He must have thought we were clearing the way for him to have more space to crawl...

No new teeth, as I know I've been hinting to for weeks, but he is still so swollen in the mouth, and so so fussy. His need to have Mom increases with his discomfort. Eli will be completely content, but if I walk in the room, or if he sees me out of the corner of his eye, he crawls over to me, complaining the whole way, and grabs my ankle or shoe and tries to make eye contact. This is most likely an attempt to guilt me into picking him up, since the eyes mixed with the vocal pleas makes for quite a pathetic scene.

1 comment:

Gina said...

That scene is all too familiar with the "pick me up" stare and wimper. He is fine an dandy with the sitter or daddy, but when he sees me, he wants ME to hold him or feed him.

Did you get that shirt at the Gap? Very cute little rock star! Perfect for your beat keeping, swaying little man...