Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Able to Scale Tall Buildings...

Eli has not shown any desire to pull himself up yet. If we place him (standing) next to the couch or a chair he'll hold on, but that's the extent of it. So I was quite surprised to go in one morning last week to find him standing up in his crib, holding on to the rail. Then again yesterday morning. This time I got smart and realized that when he's left in there to play a little after he wakes up, he gets brave. So when I heard him wake up from his nap yesterday afternoon, I opened the door slightly and stuck the video camera in there. Just like a monkey, he performed on demand. Since I had a clock on the camera, I can tell you he pulled himself (bar and all) up in 49 seconds flat. Not bad for only his third time!

2 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Way to go Eli!! Standing up is a big feat!

Lynanne said...

The hardest part will be learning to get back down again. What seems so simple takes a few screams of frustration before they figure out they aren't that high up and their bums are pretty padded :)