Thursday, July 13, 2006

Road Trip

Today Eli and I battled the crazy traffic on I-20 to visit some friends (Tom & Megan) who moved to Alabama yesterday. Lehr went over yesterday to physically help, while Eli and I went over today mostly to visit with Linda & Darol. (They technically belong to Tom, but Eli has adopted them as grandparents because they did, after all, buy him his first cowboy hat.) The trip was pretty uneventful until we hit a standstill on the way home for about an hour. Considering how long he'd been in the car, Eli fared pretty well, but it wasn't easy. Many a cheesy song was sung.

3 comments:

Gina said...

What a good boy! I have a 90 min trip on Saturday and I hope my kid has the same endurance...

beth said...

A car not moving with a baby inside is certainly not a good thing for any of us. Glad you made it back in one piece. Why is it that singing is the only way to get them to chill for a minute? My problem is that in that stressful situation I can't think of more than about 3 songs for my repertoire.

T.S. Eliot said...

Traffic+baby=1 stressed out mommy!

I found your blog from Total Mom Haircut... I also have an Elijah born August '05! I'll be bookmaking your sight so I can follow your Eli on his road through childhood.