Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Son, the Swiffer

So now that Eli is in motion, he has become our new dust mop. The first time I noticed him cleaning the floor for us I was reminded of the SNL commercial for "Swiffer Sleepers", where parents put fleece pj's on their toddlers and pushed them around the floor, picking up lint and dust with their fleece. Since Eli drags his belly across the hardwood floor as he scoots around, he mimics this ad-parody and ends up looking like he's spent the better part of a month under the couch. Clothing covered with dust bunnies and hair: you'd think we never clean by the looks of him!

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is funny! Boo does the same thing, except its the cat hair he picks up from our carpet!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You're giving me ideas!!!

Jamie said...

Cute post! And just think, that is one less area of the floor you need to sweep!

Bri said...

I often find Ashtabula with a wipey or papertowel or laundry sheet wiping the coffee table, the floor - whatever surface she can get to. We're not sure if it means we don't clean enough or that we clean too much. Either way - a little baby cleaning can't be a bad thing!

Glass Half Full said...

Love it!! :)

Chrys and Mike said...

I just wrote a post about this, too! So funny. I guess I'll be motivated to keep the house cleaner than ever before!

Chrys