Saturday, July 15, 2006

How Much is That Doggie in the Window?

If I didn't know better, I'd think we have a dog in the house. Eli's newest word is "Rrrrrrrrah!" Not sure what sound he is trying to duplicate, or what he thinks he is saying, but he says it all the time. In fact, for the last three or four days, after I put him in his crib for a nap or bedtime, he can be heard for at least five minutes 'barking'. It's quite humorous because it appears he's attempting to roll his R's, as if he were any other ethnicity but purebred whitey.

I've come to realize that Eli is signing to us also. He's not using his hands though. I mentioned before that he's been dancing, but it's become less of a response to music, and more of a request (or sign) for music. Often times when Eli's eating breakfast, he'll start to sway his head until I start to sing "Eat. Eat. Eat. Eeples and Baneenees.", at which time he breaks into a huge smile. The same goes if you start singing a song and then stop. He might prompt you to continue singing by swaying his head. His wave has become more frequent also, though you can still never count on it.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I sing that same song at eating time! That is before I gave up solids altogether for him.

So cute how smart your Eli is... I have yet to see Liam dance or bark.