Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sweet Homecoming

I didn't know it was coming, so there is no video footage or photo of the event. I do keep playing it over and over in my mind though.

When Ruby and I pulled down the street to our house tonight, I could see that Lehr and the kids were outside, up by the street. As we got closer, I could see that they had one of Ruby's ride-on toys at the top of the driveway with them. I alerted Ruby to this and she pushed up in her seat, straining to see. Once she saw her people, she got all excited and started waving her hands and feet. Such happiness.

Then Eli opened the door to get Ruby out of her seat. She was over the moon, and he was so gentle with her. He got her onto the driveway and she was all smiles and shrill shrieks....could not contain herself. The rest of the night was spent with her eyes wide open and never looking away from Maddux or Eli. It's good to be home.

No comments: