Monday, May 24, 2010

Siblings

They argue, they whine at each other, but they really are best friends. Not only did they play really well together the past few days, but they REALLY played well today. When we first got to the pool this afternoon, they realized none of their friends were there. Instead of whining, Eli immediately asked Maddux to play with him, to swim with him, to jump with him. All sorts of stuff and he was sincere. And earlier today Maddux stubbed her toe pretty bad after a heels-over-head fall. We repaired quickly with a band-aid, but had to re-clean and bandage upon arriving home. Maddux was hesitant to let me take off the original band-aid, so Eli got behind her and put his arm around her (totally of his own doing), and said, "It's OK, Maddux. I'm here to help you be brave." She ate it up and it really helped. So much so that after her nap (before we went to the pool), I informed her that we had to take the band-aid off (because band-aids and pools don't mix and random used band-aids in the pool TOTALLY gross me out). She got all weepy and said, "I need Eli to help me, pweeeeese!" Life is good.

No comments: