Friday, May 21, 2010

Already Missing School

My boy loves school. And he loved his class. One of the things Eli's teacher did during the spring was a behavior system similar to the one he'll most likely encounter in Kindergarten. Regardless of Eli's successes or failures with said system, he is a creature of habit and it became a part of his life. So when we didn't go to school today, for the first time in a long time, he started talking about school. He wanted to do homework, he wanted to have lunch bunch, and he wanted to have a blue-green-yellow-red chart with a clip. We had lots of errands to run, so I asked him to remind me when I got home. You KNOW that kid remembered, and while I made lunch he got a paper and colored pencils on his own and went to work. He drew a blue happy face, a green straight face, a yellow sad face, and a red mad face. When I asked him what they all meant he told me Best, Good, Yucky, and Rotten. So cute! Now I just have to find clothes pins for him and Maddux. He is SO excited.

No comments: