Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Maddie Talk

As we were waiting at the red light leaving our neighborhood this morning, a wide lawn service truck pulled in with three or four men sitting in the front seat. Maddux said, "Mommy, Dere's lots of daddies in that truck." More proof that all men are 'daddies'.

Just after we returned from Jazz Fest, we went through a few days of LOTS of laundry. We have a few 'crunchable' laundry basket carriers that we use to tote laundry up and down the stairs in. The kids and I had just returned from the laundry room with a few of them full of clean clothes. After I dumped the clothes on the bed, I threw the baskets on the ground and started folding. After a minute Maddux called, "Look, Mom. I'm on a boat!" When I looked over, she was standing inside of one of the baskets. (A few weeks prior, I pulled her along the carpet inside of the basket, telling her it was a boat.)

Where's the funny in this? If you are an SNL-short lover like myself, you can understand why I burst out laughing, picturing Mad Dog fitting right in with T-Pain in this video:

No comments: