Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Seriously. It's only nap time, so I'm counting those chickens again, but that's ok. Kids woke up at their more normal time (830ish) instead of an earlier one like they've been doing lately (745ish). Eli was in a GREAT mood and he obeyed the 'rules of the morning'. We had a very enjoyable breakfast and quick play session before we left for Kangazoom. The kids hadn't jumped in a while and the weather was humid, hot, and almost raining, so indoors was a good choice. Eli and Maddux had a BLAST at the 'jumpy castles'; this was the first time I didn't have to go into any blow up jumpers to help them. (But I still did because it is oh-so fun.) Maddux was a machine, climbing up the ladder again and again to go down the big (BIG!) slide. And when I said it was time to go, total compliance from both kids!

We came home and I made a quick lunch. The kids opted to play on the play-set while I cooked; Eli said, "Maddie! Swingset!!", and she followed him. Then, (wait for it!!) when I opened the door and said, "ELI! MADDUX! LUNCH!", Eli walked very quickly all of the way inside the house and said, "Yes, Mommy?" Perfection. All of the way, right away, and with a happy heart. Without any prompting. You better believe I rewarded and praised the heck out of him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I just recently found your blog. Cute kids! I was wondering where you got the oh so cute red white and blue tutu the baby is wearing in your side bar. Thanks!

Nicole said...

I posted about it about a year ago..... here is the link: http://maddieli.blogspot.com/2008/07/tutu-cute.html