Friday, May 22, 2009

He Must Be Really Small!

We had a good night, but of course we ended on a sour note. Such is life these days. Before that inevitable ending, the kids and I were driving home in the car. Eli and I were having a deep conversation in response to a few friends who recently passed away. Eli knows they are with Jesus in heaven, but tonight was the first time he let on that the concept of 'forever' was foreign. He asked when our neighbor was coming back from heaven. I tried to explain that he wasn't; he would be with Jesus forever now. A few more round-and-round-we-go's before we came to Eli's gem of the week. He told me that Jesus is here 'though'.
"Where?" I asked.

"Here." Eli said. "Diff us."

Intrigued as to where this would go, I then asked Eli, "How do you know? Where is Jesus right now?"

"He's diff us. Here. In our hearts."

Speechless.

When I finally regained use of my mouth to form words, I told him that he was absolutely right.

Then, with impeccable comedic timing, Eli said, "Yeah. He must be really smaa-aahlll!! Cuz my heart is tiny."

No comments: