Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Different Kind of Blanket Time

I'm still in the thick of it, so realize I'm grasping at whatever I can to blog about....

A few weeks back we had Grandma in town and then two trips, back-to-back. Somewhere in the midst of that, Maddie started having a hard time with me leaving her room for naps and nighttime. In that spell, Lehr and I realized how much she loves her routine for sleep. As soon as I would lay her down in her crib, she'd pop back up, grab her blanket, and point, very upset, to my shoulder. Before I put her in her bed, I always drape the coveted blanket over my shoulder and sing her a song as we walk to her crib. She usually lays her head on the blanket, on my shoulder. During that time, she was obviously of the mind that she needed more shoulder time.

That phase has passed us, but Maddie still loves the shoulder time. Just this week I noticed how her actions are like clockwork when it comes to that special time now. I put the blanket on my shoulder and IMMEDIATELY the thumb goes in her mouth and she drops her head. Love it.

No comments: