Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Donation Corner: An Orphan's Wish

So I've slacked on this portion of the blog for the last month or so. I got busy, but that is no excuse....in fact, it basically is the opposite of the sentiment I try to embrace by spotlighting a charity each month. Life is busy. We've all got stuff going on: good and bad. But someone else always has it worse, and if it is in our power to help them, we are called to do that. Off the soapbox.

I found An Orphan's Wish while reading a blog and I knew right away I wanted to bring attention to it. I definitely have a soft spot for charities surrounding kids, and when it also involves orphaned children, even more so. An Orphan's Wish specializes in healing and helping kids with special needs, medical conditions and Cerebral Palsy. Located in China, this center helps kids of many different ages and ailments, including club feet.

One of the coolest things about this organization (to me) is the freedom to give in so many different ways. You can find out about specific kids at the House of Love and commit to donating to them on a monthly basis, or you can make a one-time donation. You also have the option to give in support of a specific project or program within An Orphan's Wish. If those options don't suit you, they are always accepting general donations.

No comments: