Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Times

So we're still struggling. Which means we're still short on blog posts. But today we had a great sibling moment before naps. Maddie, Eli and I were heading upstairs to have a quick jam fest before night-night time. Eli already had his shoes off (he is GREAT about that), but Maddux was proceeding upstairs with hers on. I reminded her to take off her shoes before going on the carpet. She sat down and pulled the velcro back, but couldn't get the shoes off. (It's amazing how quickly she can get them off in the car, but how inept she is in that area when it comes to the house.) She struggled for a minute before Eli came back down the stairs and sat in front of her. He gently lifted each foot and pulled her shoes off. Then, in a soft, kind voice, said "You're welcome" after she thanked him. ("Teak ou!!") I touched him on the back and told him that he was being very nice, and he had just done a kind thing. Eli looked me right in the eyes and said, "I'm a good daddy." I'm so glad he has such a good role-model to look up to! Not only does he recognize that Lehr is a good daddy, but Eli also strives to be just like him. Life is good.

No comments: