Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Precious First-Born

Every day Eli shows me more and more that he is a first born. Eager to please, reminding Maddux of things when Mommy forgets, and always making sure everyone knows the rules (even if he doesn't follow them). Today was no exception. After an uneventful lunch and short play session, Eli voluntarily used the potty and then received the reward of dancing to an extra song while I put Maddux down for her nap. As always, I reminded Eli to dance to the song and then go to his room once it was over. I heard him in the big room, rustling about after the song ended, but figured he just got distracted. As I was leaving Maddie's room, Eli called out, "Mommy! I cleaned the big room for you!" I turned the corner to see all toys off of the floor, put away in the bins or on top of the couch. Amazing. We routinely clean up, but never before has the cleaning bug hit him to clean so immaculately on his own. Even though the couch-stacking tactic will take me some extra work, I praised him up and down. I asked Eli why he cleaned and he said, "Cuz it was a MESS!" My sweet sweet boy....

No comments: