Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Big Day Out

Today was a big day for both Eli and Maddux. Once we dropped Eli off at school (his last day for the year), Maddie and I went to her Little Gym where she had her final class and 'graduation'. She was a bit tired, but Maddux completed all of the demonstrations her teacher asked of her. At the end, she was rewarded with a little medal. Ta Da!!

Mad Dog and I raced over to Eli's school once we finished her class so we could make it to his Christmas party. We walked in to find five very subdued, very well-behaved students doing a craft with one of the children's mothers. Eli's best buddy in the class is Sanjit, and his mom is the room mom this year. Let's just say she put my attempt at holiday parties last year to shame. She brought cupcakes, juice, and a craft. Then she made hot cocoa (with green tree marshmallows) for the kids to sip while she read two Christmas stories. Very very cool. Maddux was a bit crazy, but I tried to feed her some leftover sugar cookies to keep her happy. (I know...so NOT me and so not a good idea, but I was desperate.)

My favorite part of the day happened during Eli's party. Almost from the moment we arrived, Eli was looking out for Maddux. He offered her cookies, a craft, and ultimately, his hot cocoa. He kept asking, "Mommy, do you think Maddie wants some cocoa? She can try mine." So sweet. Totally unprompted. I loved every second.

Here's a quick video of Maddie during her class; she can almost jump now!

2008 12 Maddie Little Gym from Nicole Eliason on Vimeo.

No comments: