Saturday, December 13, 2008

Big Boy Bed

It finally arrived. Both the bed physically arrived and the transition from my baby to the bed he'll sleep in until he leaves my house. Wow...kinda scary. The bed was supposed to be delivered between 8-5 (nice window, huh?), but thankfully it came in the first hour. I rushed home from bootcamp to wait with Lehr only to find (at 9AM) the bed set-up, made, and Eli happily tucked inside of it. He was sooooo excited. All day long he kept telling us, "I love my big boy bed." and "Maddie, guesswhatIhaveabigboybed!" The bed-rails we ordered did not arrive yet, so we will have to brave a few days/nights without them, which worried me. Eli is used to having huge walls to keep him in bed, and he frequently snuggles up next to them, testing their strength as he sleeps. I cautioned him before his nap, reminding him that if he slept too close to the edge, he might fall out. So far no problems! He actually slept upside down during his nap, with his feet at the pillow and his head at the foot of the bed, on top of the blankets. I guess it's hard to get used to a new way of sleeping when for his entire life of three years, he's slept 'on top' with only his special blanket. Regardless, he slept successfully and didn't soil his pull-up during his nap (another 'rule' of ours for the big boy bed). Hooray!! Tonight's bedtime routine went great and he is once again sleeping happily in his new bed. For Eli, life is good.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Yeah Eli!! He told us today in class that he "has a big boy bed"! I can't believe he didn't fall out with no rails!! So impressed!

Heather said...

How do you keep him from having accidents at night time? Ryan has nap time down but is STILL having problems at night ... UGH!

bev said...

Way to go Eli!