Friday, August 24, 2007

Yin and Yang

Well that proves it: if I post about what a good day I've had I'm bound to have the opposite the following day. Yesterday was a much harder day with both kids. Eli was up playing in his crib at 715AM, which is VERY early for him (he's usually a snoozer till 845 or 9). Then he proceeded to melt down while we had one of his friends over, even resulting in a time-out during his play date. To make matters worse, Maddux fought sleep so badly that she was up from 915am until after Eli went down for his nap at 130PM. She then continued to fight sleep, but dozed on and off a little throughout the afternoon. The good part about the day was when we sat in traffic for an hour trying to meet Daddy for dinner. It was good because I did not experience complete meltdowns in the backseat, but it was still not fun.

Eli's hair has been getting quite shaggy recently, so I trimmed it up a few days ago, and then further trimmed it on Wednesday. I tried for a mohawk (again), but the back just looked like a mullet, so we ended up with another spike.

Maddux is sleeping pretty well at night; she usually goes down around 8PM and I feed her again (though she mostly sleeps through it) at 10 or 11. She'll usually not wake me up until 4 or 5AM again, which is not too shabby as far as I'm concerned. We have found one sure-fire trick to calm her at the house: her bathtub. I keep it on the counter to bathe her, but even when water is not involved, you can put her in there, dim the lights, and she'll stare at the mirror and become calm almost instantly.

1 comment:

Mir said...

Smart girl! She knows a beauty when she sees one. :-)

Glad to hear you're getting more sleep as well!