Thursday, August 09, 2007

Missing: Life

Seriously. Where did it go? I finally felt like I was getting back on track with friends, family, and Lehr. Eli was behaving really well and we were in a great routine each week. I was able to return to my 5 & 10Ks and my gym and yoga schedule. Heck, we even took a trip out west to bike and hike because we were able to leave Eli all day long with no worries about feeding!

As Eli would say: ALL GONE. Our nights are no longer our own. We used to put Eli down around 8PM and have the whole evening in front of us. Same in the morning; I'd get up whenever and have time to be with just me before he woke up around 9. And when I brought Eli to MMO, I'd have time for the gym, haircuts, house cleaning, etc. Oh, and dinners? If it takes longer than 3 1/2 minutes to prepare, it pretty much doesn't happen, since that is during Maddux's 'witching hour(s)'. Add to that one very unhappy toddler, and if we are all wearing clean clothes it is a successful day.

I know. I know. I know. In a few months or a few years this will all be a distant memory and the kids will play nicely together, yada yada yada. That will be great. Until then, I apologize if I make NO sense while we're having a conversation (as my brain has way too many things preoccupying it to put together a sentence), I apologize if your phone calls or emails go unanswered, and I apologize if I show up at your house in a spit-up stained shirt with unwashed hair and hand you one or both kids before running very quickly in the opposite direction.

3 comments:

Mir said...

The bad days suck, don't they? They're like the little girl with the curl.....

As for dinner, do you guys have a Super Suppers or Dream Dinners around? We did Dream Dinners before and after Ian was born and I plan on doing it again with #3. This time, though, I'll probably buy twice as much food!

Only two more weeks until MMO here (not that I'm counting down the hours or anything)....

Heather said...

OH girl! I hear you loud and clear! I am a little down the road and I can tell you that you will find more good days than bad in your near future ... I know you already know this! :) 3 1/2 minute prep to meal ... can you fill me in on your secret ... mine take much longer than that! :)

Kathleen said...

Nicole-
It does get better-my 2 are soon to be 3 and 1. I understand what you are saying(very eloquently by the way) as I felt and still sometimes feel the same way. Hang in there!