Sunday, January 14, 2007

Totally OT: Knitting

So after having the desire to learn how to knit for a few years, and after having a friend show me only for me to start and stop several times, and after buying a book only to start and stop several times, I think I *finally* learned how to knit. There is a really neat knit-yarn store near my house (The Purly Gates) that offered a beginner knitting class yesterday, so I went. I thought maybe I'd be confused since I'd already 'learned' how a few times before, but the instructor was great and the other student and I seemed to pick it up quickly. I came home and did a few things around the house (non-knitting), but around dinner time I got scared that I might have forgotten my skillz, so I quickly picked it up and started again. Since there was a football game on last night that Lehr wanted to watch, I had nothing else to do (other than put away the remainder of the Christmas decorations, or the looming house projects that prevent us from putting our house on the market) than knit. Voila! So far so good! I picked a colorful ball of yarn to start with, so hopefully this first project will become a bee-yootiful scarf in the near future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Way to go finally getting the hang of it! Yay for new talents!

Anonymous said...

Good work! I'm a knitting fiend myself!

Anonymous said...

Neat!!! I taught myself to knit a year ago. I was making a bib for Ella but still haven't finished it. Maybe I'll get back to it in time for the new baby. It had a hat and booties to match but I just cried in frustration when I tried to decipher the instructions. I'm so uncoordinated :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another muggle falls prey to the temptation of the dark side of knitting...

If you haven't already, you should really check out www.yarnharlot.ca - it is the funniest knitting blog on the web.

Pam said...

Down with needles, up with hooks!

Crochet RULZ!!

Mostly because I stink at knitting and stick with crocheting.