Saturday, January 20, 2007

How Is That For Fair?

I know...I need to get used to it. Used to Eli not being 'happy' with Mommy even though she is the one who feeds him, dresses him, changes him, plays with him, pacifies him all day long. Used to Eli favoring Daddy just because he walks through the door at the end of the day. (This is not to say he doesn't do any of those things; he just doesn't do them when he is not here.)

So Thursday was an especially difficult day with Eli. He did a little better at MMO, but once we were home, and for the rest of the day, he was difficult to say the least. He whined when I picked him up, he whined when I put him down, he whined when I fed him, he whined when I played with him, he whined when I didn't play with him.... When Lehr got home at 6:15, that all changed on a dime and Eli became a very normal, non-whining child. Not just for a few minutes, but for the remainder of his evening. There's gratitude for you!

In addition, last night we went to our bi-weekly Community Group which usually lasts until about 10PM. No problem for Eli; he just plays with the toys and people all night and goes to bed late. So this morning I wake up at 8:00 and go to the gym, which is usually the start of my responsibility-free-Saturday. I arrive home just after 10:00 and Eli is STILL SLEEPING. So I didn't 'miss out' on any of the whining. Lucky me! Seriously....what is Lehr paying this kid?

Tonight Lehr and I went out to dinner while Eli's Fairy Godmother babysat. Eli had Carolyn wrapped around his little finger, even when he told her 'no-no' as she tried to reclaim her cell phone.

2 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I understand this. My little guy does that to me all of the time. Fusses with me with anything I try to do and the second daddy shows up he's suddenly an angel.

Anonymous said...

Aww. It's just a stage -- or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

Maybe I should say it's just a boy thing. I know my girl certainly never acted like this!