Thursday, May 11, 2006

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

I took Eli to the Georgia Aquarium again the other day. (This was his fourth visit.) I've found that when I go during the week, first thing in the morning, we miss all of the crowds, so we can get through there in about 90-minutes. Although Eli enjoys it now, I am looking forward to when he's able to talk a little so we can 'discuss' the aquatic life on display.

Eli's menu has taken a new turn: finger foods are here. In the last week he's had tofu (big mess), pancakes (bigger mess), toast (not too messy), sliced fruit (too slippery for his fingers), grilled cheese (mess), and a few small pieces of chicken (no mess since they were fed to Eli from his father's fork). He seems to really enjoy feeding himself, but I need to have a better system for cleaning up. Or better yet, containing the mess. It's bad enough that he squishes all of these already messy foods as he's eating, but then he's drinking water or juice at the same time, so everything becomes a messy, liquid paste. On a related note, I think he's finally coming to terms with the sippy cup. After two months of trying to get him interested, he used it a few times on his own today. Not such a dim bulb after all.....

2 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

I absolutely love it when my children started feeding themselves. I can actually read the paper or drink a cup of coffee. Enjoy the added freedom AND mess - hee hee!

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like you are having better luck at solids then I am! The only thing I can get my guy to eat which doesn't come in a jar is mashed potatos!