Friday, May 05, 2006

If You Give a Pig a Pancake

(I guess I'm moving to book titles now?)

So I gave Eli his first pancake this morning (multigrain, of course, with no syrup or butter). Had I thought it through a little more, I would have covered the floor with trash bags and put an empty bucket of water on the back porch to dip him into once he was finished. Alas, hindsight is 20/20...

Within 30 seconds of placing the pancake on his tray, Eli had it crumbled and all over his shirt, face, and the floor. At that point I realized I needed to capture this moment on video, so here is a clip. (You'll hear Eli's "fake cough" as he's eating. It has returned; he does it anytime he's excited.) Long story short, after just ten minutes with the new food, there were crumbles of pancake in his hair, on the floor, on the table, in his diaper, under his legs, inside his shirt, and any other obscure place you can imagine that I have failed to mention. Luckily our back porch is just feet from his high chair, so I was able to take him outside and shake all of the crumbs off of him that didn't already fall onto the floor.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh what I am in for all over again! Maybe the highchair should just stay outside altogether? Ha!