Monday, May 08, 2006

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da...

Eli has been talking for months, but up until now, he was the only one who could made any sense of what was coming out of his mouth. For the past week I've been working on "Daddy" or "Dada" with him, and he has come around. (Disclaimer: He has NO clue what he is saying; in fact, he seems to only say "dadadada" to his toys or to his crib, and not to Daddy himself.) Sometimes the dadadadada turns into blablablabla, but it's still cute.

Eli kinda sorta fed himself with a spoon today. When he's teething (which is almost all of the time and will continue to be almost all of the time until he has all of his teeth, I imagine), he seems to be more fussy about eating. Today when he started in, I filled the spoon and then had him hold it with me as we put it into his mouth. He loved this game and never tried to take it totally away from me. (I'm aware this will not last, but for today's battle of wills: Mom - 1, Eli - 0.)

2 comments:

Mall Worker said...

My little guy loves to chant dada all day long too!

Enjoy the spoon game while it lasts! :)

Mall Worker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.