Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Mother of all Mother's Days

Alright, I know it was only my first one, but it was great. I didn't expect much, only because Lehr and I normally don't do much to celebrate holidays outside of Christmas and birthdays. He broke that rule and set the bar way too high for Mom's Days to come.

I woke up to find a card and one of my favorite pictures of Eli and I (right) framed, along with the indication that I am to enjoy a spa treatment or two while we are on vacation next week. Had the day ended there, I would have been over-the-moon happy, but Lehr had more up his sleeve. As soon as we got home from church, he pushed me out the door to go hiking. I protested at first, saying I wanted to spend the day as a family, but he reminded me that Eli always crashes for a few hours after church anyway. So off I went. (My favorite hiking spot is about 15 minutes north, so I got to drive Betty at high speeds with the windows down and the stereo blasting; Life Is Good.) As soon as I returned from my 90-minute heaven-on-earth hike, Lehr whisked the three of us off to The Flying Biscuit (one of my favorite restaurants) for a late lunch, followed by a walk around Piedmont Park. To add to that, the weather was phenomenal all day. It was pretty much the best day I've had in a long time, which is saying a lot considering that since Eli was born, I've had a lot of really good days.

I know he will moan and groan because he always does when I get all sappy in Eli's blogs, but I have a pretty great husband. You rock my world, Lehr....Eli and I are very lucky to have you.

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, I'm glad it went well!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

What a special Mother's Day! I felt like I was there with you! I had a good mom's day, too!

Crystal Kellner said...

Happy Mom's day! I love your pictures! He is ADORABLE!!

Crystal Kellner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm your crazy hip mama neighbour from a couple sites away. Great blog! The photos of your son are great: he looks like a real sweetheart!

Lena said...

Your MD rocked, it sounds like. And that picture is so adorable. Those cheeks!