Monday, May 01, 2006

Hit Me With Your Best Shot...

I'm sorry - I have a problem - I can't stop with the song titles...

Eli has a new favorite game: rolling the stuffed soccer ball back and forth with Dad. Lehr started this with him last week and Eli really has the hang of it now (video). I decided to play for a little while this afternoon, but after about five minutes, Eli decided he'd rather throw his weight to the side and lie down. This was fine: he was still in a position to push the ball back to me. He wasn't paying attention to me when I rolled it though (read: he was ignoring me), so it hit his arm. Eli exploded into giggles and a new, more aggressive, game was born. The object of this one was to 'hit' Eli with the ball to make him laugh. It started with rolling the ball into his arm or legs and it soon escalated into bouncing or dropping the ball on his legs or torso. This new game made Eli laugh uncontrollably for quite a while. He's already living up to his father's motto: "Pain Don't Hurt!"

On the Cheerio front, Eli has become a master. When I take him out of his booster seat now there are few, if any, leftover Cheerios in his chair. He appears to have figured out the hand-to-mouth motion.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

So, this is your 100th post, nice! I love the pictures of your little guy. He's such a cutie! My little boy loves balls too. :)

Thanks for linking on my "Hooray for 100" link exchange.