Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Camp

Last summer I attempted to sign Eli up for a summer camp at the YMCA that focused on all sports all week. Of course it was a popular one, so it filled up before i got my application in. This year I was on the ball and got him signed up early. Then I found out that Maddux would be allowed (at 3 years old) to participate in the camps as well, so I signed both of them up for a 'creative kids' one, focusing on arts and crafts. Neither one is particularly drawn to the crafts, and I've not been the best role model in that area, so I figured some 'school fun' would be a good choice.

Today was the first day and I think they really enjoyed it. They each made a small tambourine-type instrument that they played the whole way home in the car (yay). There was snack-time, outside play time, inside play time, art time, and (Mad Dog's favorite) Duck-Duck-Goose time. I'm just glad they are finding some joy in this crazy summer adventure we're putting them through. So many times they get dragged around to contractors' offices or paint stores or other 'fun' errands. Even if they're not always enjoying it with me, I'm glad they're able to enjoy some summer fun. Three hours of 'camp' and they're both napping hard right now. Life is good.

No comments: