Friday, June 11, 2010

Giving From The Heart

It was the kids' last day at VBS and they were sad. Eli told me all week, "I wish we had 100 more days." I'm so glad that they had such a good time with their friends. Even though Eli didn't give me a great run-down each day of the events at camp, he proved that he was listening last night. As he was leaving VBS he tried to whisper something in my ear, but it was so loud that I couldn't hear him. Around dinner time I asked him to tell me what it was he was trying to whisper. He told me, "Mom, we have to bring money to VBS for Aroba." I was confused and asked him to repeat a few times before I remembered that the church was collecting money for a little boy in Ethiopia. Obviously they've made the whole campaign very personal for the kids; Eli was so excited to bring money for another little boy that likes to play soccer. He even told me why we were giving him money. ('Because he doesn't have any to buy food and toys with.') So cool. After breakfast (after he reminded me three times) I gave Eli a $20 bill to put in the collection for both he and Maddux. And as soon as we arrived at the church, he rushed over to the box and deposited the bill before I even realized what he'd done. So proud of my little man!

No comments: