Thursday, September 10, 2009

Maddux as Schoolgirl

Let's see how this works! Maddux started preschool today. She's going two times/week for three hours at a time. I'm not sure her teachers could handle more than that!! I met her main teacher at Meet-n-Greet the other day, but I haven't met her teacher's aide yet, nor do I know most of the kids in her class. Very different from Eli's first go-round, unfortunately.

I woke the kids up at 8:00AM this morning to minimize some of the hustle-and-bustle, but we still had some of the usual 'tude from Eli. The good news is, he is great at turning it around on his own, and he did just that during the car ride to school. But before that, Maddux ate the special breakfast of Fruity Bunnies and posed for a few First Day of School photos outside. This one pretty much sums her up, as I'm sure her teacher is aware. (I did enclose a note with her bag today asking the teachers to give her water during snacks (instead of the usual juice). I let them know that she is a 'energetic' child, as they would soon learn, and she does not need any extra fuel (aka sugar) while at school.)

I zoomed around the house alternating between cleaning, typing emails, returning phone calls, and paying bills until the clock struck 11:45. When I pulled up to the school, the carpool line was very long and slow moving. So by the time I got up front, Team Eliason was among the very last kids left. Eli's teacher grabbed them both by the hands and guided them to my car. SUCH a cute sight! No notes in Maddie's bag, but she did come home with a paint stain on her shirt, so I assume she had fun!

1 comment:

bev said...

I am cracking up at the note you sent with her to school. I have sent similar notes to school with Andrew. The tiniest bit of sugar will get him wired lol! I hope she enjoys school!! She looks adorable with her pig tails and school bag!