Wednesday, September 09, 2009

First Day of School for Eli

This morning was Eli's first official day of Pre-K. The funny part is, when I said that to Eli (the "Pre-K" part), he said, "No, it's not......What is Pre-K, Mommy?" The morning started with me waking the boy at 8:15. That was really quite impressive considering I closed the door on his room at 7:40PM last night (about 30 minutes 'early'). We had a special breakfast of Fruity Bunnies (the closest thing to 'junk' cereal I will do..and even this was bought only to celebrate the first day of school) with Maddux before rushing out the door to make it in the carpool line by 9AM. Around dinner time last night Eli mentioned to Lehr and I that he wanted to bring Ms. Jane and Ms. Shanda (his teachers) flowers on the first day. We thought that was a great idea (and not too brown-nose-y), so Lehr picked up a small arrangement to split on his way home from practice. Eli proudly carried the flowers to his classroom this morning, after practicing holding the vase while still holding his school bag. A few short hours later, Maddie and I picked him up in the same carpool line. Eli's teacher, Ms. Shanda, dropped him off in the car. She told me that he had a GREAT day, and she thanked me for the flowers. I assured her that it was all Eli's idea. In Eli's school bag was a special note from the other teacher commenting on his good first day as well. Life is good!

No comments: