Saturday, June 27, 2009

Swimmy Swimmerson

Today was an unexpected pool trip for me, so I didn't bring a camera, as I usually do when Lehr is there with us. I really wish I would have had the video camera though because Maddux was showing off her new skills in full force. She can (with a turtle-back still) tread water REALLY well. Enough so that she treads from pool end to pool end. It's her means of swimming. And she is SO calm through the whole thing...I love it!

Eli can now touch the bottom at the very shallow side...just enough so that he feels like a real big boy. And since we had two parents there (and since Maddux wasn't needing any assistance at all), when Eli asked to take off his turtle back we let him. He swam unassisted for about five minutes. And the summer is not even half over!!

No comments: