Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Burrito

Times like these..... Tonight Eli was so sweet. We had several moments during the day, but this afternoon he was pretty gentle with Maddux and thoughtful with everyone. He tried to lie down and read with her after naps (resulting in a time out for her because she swatted his head...a new thing for her. Yay.) And as it got close to bedtime, he asked me about when he was a baby. From out of nowhere. He wanted to know how I would put him to bed when he was a baby. So I explained to him how I would read him a book in the chair, then I would change his diaper and swaddle him before singing a song as I held him. Then I'd put him in his crib and cover him with his special blanket. After baths, Eli asked me to put him to bed like a baby because I'd just called him my 'baby boy' (without realizing it). So we read a book and then I swaddled him as best I could in his mommy-blanket. I held him, cradled in my arms, while I sang "You Are My Sunshine". Then I laid him down on his sheets and covered him with his special blanket. Eli loved every minute of it. And you know I did. It reminded me of those awesome nights when he was much younger and the evening was more devoted to just staring at him and singing to him. I do miss those days....it was nice to recreate those moments, even if only for one bedtime.

No comments: