Monday, June 08, 2009

First Haircut

I trimmed Maddux's bangs, ever so slightly, last summer. I think I cut six total strands of hair. But since then, it hasn't been touched. For the last few months it's gone back and forth between being cute and curly when it's humid and straggly and unkempt when it's not. Lately it's been less of the cute and more of the unkempt, so I decided to break down and get it cut. Even though we're letting Eli's hair grow out, I decided to get his cleaned up a little too, just because we were already at the 'haircut place'. Eli went first and he wanted Maddux to sit next to him. He even chose the taxi cab so that she could have the airplane next to it. There were a lot of kids there though, so I didn't think they'd get cut at the same time. Two minutes into Eli's haircut, they called Maddux and allowed her to sit next to him. It was so weird....Eli didn't have a 'real' haircut until he was much older, so I never had to deal with the moving-around-while-the-haircut-is-happening thing. Maddux was still pretty good, but a bit wiggly in her airplane chair.

Being Maddie's first official cut, I snapped a few pictures. The cutest one is the after. She sat so still while the woman put a pony tail on top (just like I do it, but Maddux cries for Mommy). Then she put a few sticky 'jewels' on her too. So cute, and Eli told her she looked pretty.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeah, Emily only fusses at me when I do her hair...no one else. How long are you going to let Eli's hair get?

Anonymous said...

Aww she looks adorable.

Amy