Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Crock-A-Dock

I signed Eli up for his first ever VBS, which is happening this week. It's at a church right down the street from us, and, as VBS's usually are, it is FREE! Eli is having so so so much fun, and I think he's even learning a few things. (BONUS!!) The fun is in part due to the fact that four of his buddies from church and MOPS are in the same group as him at Crocodile Dock (the name of the camp).

My first born, 'rule follower' comes home every day and tells me about a few kids who 'didn't obey'. Then he tells me that he did. (I'm sure he's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on both accounts, right?) A pro to that is the recognition of behavior in others that is disobedient (in the hopes that he becomes self-aware as well). The con is the tattling aspect. I've been working with Eli to help his friends obey, rather than tell on them. This pops up every day in our house when Maddux does something Eli thinks is not OK. Instead of going to her and attempting to help her obey, he comes right to me and tattles. We're going to be working on this one for a while, I think.

No comments: