Monday, January 26, 2009

The Daily Maddie

Maddux makes me laugh every day. In ways that are different from how Eli brings me to chuckles. First off, her lip is amazing. She sticks it out ALL of the time. Not just when she's sad, not just when she's trying to persuade you...ALL of the time. She has so many other facial expressions too. She's become a regular Jim Carrey/rubber face, to be honest. She contorts her mouth and lips in such goofy ways....

Also, the tear factory can turn on in a split second. Since we've really started to set limits with her, she's been quick to inform Lehr and I that she is not a fan... When I give her the minute-warning before breakfast is over (this is after she's eaten more than a bowl of cereal and now she's being pokey about finishing up and telling me 'all done'), she looks at me and calmly says, "noooooo..." (this is her favorite word) Then I take the bowl from her and she acts as if her world is crumbling.

One of my favorite things is her obvious love for music. She likes the drums, but not as much as Eli. She tends to prefer to be a singer (lip-syncher so far) or dancer. Or even just stage-groupie for Eli. When I finish reading to her before naps and bedtime, I tell her that it's time for a song and she starts to hum. It is the sweetest, most feminine hum I've ever heard. And she loves "Row Your Boat", "This Little Piggy", "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep", and "Seven Days" (TMBG). She will say "wroooo" to ask for the first, she'll lift her foot to you for the pigs, she sings "baaaaaa" for the third, and she reiterates her catch-phrase ('nooo-nooo') for the Giants song ("Oh no-no, I never go to work! Oh no-no....").

1 comment:

Jo-Ann said...

Hi,

I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say hello. My oldest son (now 6) was born with an atypical clubfoot. While his journey is different then your daughters, there are a lot of similarities as well.

I am going to add you to my foot blog list if you don't mind.

Jo-Ann