Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sugar Police

I am not making this up. I did not script the following. If you know me well, you know this story rates up there with my other 'favorite things'.

Eli went to the dentist last week, followed by a dentist visiting his class today. Eli has been working on Elmo's teeth since his visit with the tooth doctor last week, but there hasn't been much conversation about what he learned. During lunch today he rattled on and on about anything and everything under the sun. (My little man has become VERY chatty as of late.) Out of nowhere Eli told me the following:
"Mommy, dere's sugar in ice cweam."

"Wow...you're right, Eli. How do you know that?"

"I just do." Pause. "Annn sugar is bad for you." Pause. "If you eat too much cake or cookies you get sick."

Angels sing. Light pours in through the window. All is right with the world.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful! Frame it and put it on the wall in his room! Thankfully my boys feel the same way! It irks me when people look down on us for our choices when it comes to sugary food. Namely my parents ... However, I just remember that we are doing the right thing!

mrs boo radley said...

Brilliant boy!

bev said...

LOL! I know that made your proud.